StraightUp Solar is seeking a Commercial & Industrial Project Developer to originate, develop, and close large and mid sized commercial and industrial solar photovoltaic projects in IL and MO.
About StraightUp Solar:
StraightUp Solar is Missouri’s longest-running and largest solar installer. St. Louis-founded and owned, we are a fully-licensed and insured electrical contractor, a BBB A+ business, and B-Corps Certified. We are a turn-key solar PV design & installation firm with 7 in-house installation crews. Our 130 employees in Missouri and Illinois are dedicated exclusively to PV design, installation, operations, and maintenance.
StraightUp Solar has installed more than 2,300 solar projects at businesses, homes, schools, farms, churches and government buildings throughout Missouri and Illinois and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Marion, IL, and Bloomington, IL. Our team of 130 includes 63 NABCEP Certified and Associate-level credential solar professionals.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate and advancement opportunities
- 4% Employer Matching 401(k)/100% vested
- Monthly medical insurance stipend for employee
- Paid Life Insurance $50,000
- Additional voluntary insurance includes: Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Life and Legal.
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
- Wellness Program with Headspace App Stipend
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays, and Bereavement
- Per Diem and paid travel if there are out of town opportunities
- Ongoing solar education and training classes
- Exhibit CLEARE and professional values.
- Develop and close 50kW – 5MW commercial projects
- Identify potential commercial customers, channel partners, vertical sectors, and commercial market trends in the Northern IL (NIL) region.
- Develop a compelling value proposition that highlights the financial, environmental, and operational benefits of solar energy for small to large commercial businesses in NIL.
- Implement collaborative and independent lead generation strategies.
- Work closely and collaboratively with operational and sales management teams to provide commercial customers with tailored financial solutions.
- Attend local networking events, join industry associations, and participate in relevant community activities.
- Build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, such as building owners, facility managers, sustainability officers, and local business owners.
- Participate in periodic public speaking, marketing, outreach or other community presentations (presentations, booths, trade shows, etc).
- Prospect for and qualify personally-developed leads as well as develop Company-assigned leads.
- Log all communications with leads and clients in CRM database.
- Conceptualize, price, and formally propose solar electric systems and O&M agreements.
- Analyze Customer’s current and projected electrical usage and financial return on investment.
- Obtain and document on-site project details (eg. site and electrical system photos) necessary to support accurate preliminary designs and proposals with assistance from SUS estimating and design team as required.
- Follow StraightUp Solar business rules and policies.
- Report to and meet weekly with the VP of Sales and/or VP of Development.
- Sales target goals, performance, and commission payment accounting will be reviewed with the VP of Sales quarterly, and compensation agreements will be reviewed at annual employee evaluation.
- Attend Sales Team and relevant Project Review meetings
- 3+ years’ previous experience in Solar Sales: prospecting, qualifying, presenting, negotiating, and closing.
- Knowledge of solar technology, market trends, Illinois/Missouri and federal incentive programs
- Strong self-starter, with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Strong background in relationship building and business development
- Ability to effectively track a large volume of leads and manage timelines and deliverables within a CRM
- Efficient, clear and consistent verbal and written communication and follow-up
- High performance, both in quality and pace, with a desire to meet and exceed sales goals
- Excellent teamwork skills – ability to foster a positive team environment
- Proactive mindset – seek new opportunity and creative strategies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Clean driving record
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based B-Corp company committed to a cleaner, safer, and more secure energy future — one solar panel at a time.We provide a supportive team environment which allows everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company. StraightUp Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, women, persons of color, and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply. StraightUp Solar has 6 core values (CLEARE) that guide the company and team members.
- Community First
- Lead the Solar Tribe
- Educate the Solar Lesson
- Advocate Always
- Respect Each Other and the Environment
- Excellence In All We Do
Pay Structure: Salary, Commission
Pay Range: $85,000 to $160,000 annually
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com