Going Solar in Bloomington, IL
The Kaufman’s went solar as part of the Grow Solar Bloomington-Normal program. Here they discuss how their Project Developer helped them decide what options worked best. They chose to install a 10.8 kW system that generated about 14,000 kWh in the first year. As firm believers in clean energy, they were happy that the reduction in solar costs over the years as well as incentives helped make solar more affordable for them now.
Equipment & Impacts of the Kaufman Family Array
- 10.8 kW system
- 30 x LG 360-watt solar panels
- 1 x SolarEdge 10,000-watt inverter
- Roof Mounted
- Federal Investment Tax Credit
- Illinois Shines SREC Program
- 14,249 kWh/yr electricity generated in 2019
- $1,290 in approximate annual electric bill savings
- Greenhouse gas reduction equivalent of driving 24,636 miles less each year
- 30+ year expected life of solar panels
We want every experience to be like the Kaufman’s. StraightUp Solar helps our customers go through the solar process from start to finish. If you’re ready to get started on your solar experience, reach out below.
Ready for Your Experience?
Fill out this form to get a free assessment on whether or not solar can work for your home!