Social Media & Digital Marketing Coordinator
Metro East, Illinois
As an 100+ employee, 16-year, B-Corp-certified, St Louis-based solar photovoltaic energy generation and storage integration provider, StraightUp Solar seeks an energetic, motivated marketing professional to join our growing team. We are looking for a collaborator and self-starter with a passion for transforming our community to renewable energy.
This position can work remotely four of five days a week, but must be able to frequently attend weekly meetings and frequent events in the St. Louis region and Southern Illinois. The in office requirement is subject to change. Office space for this position will be available at our St. Louis headquarters. This position will report to the Director of Business Development and Marketing.
About StraightUp Solar:
Incorporated in 2006, StraightUp Solar is Missouri’s longest-running and largest solar installer. St Louis-founded and owned, we are a fully-licensed and insured electrical contractor, a BBB A+ business, B-Corps Certified, and formally recognized as one St Louis’s Best Places to Work in 2020 & 2021. StraightUp Solar is a turn-key solar photovoltaic (PV) design, installation, and maintenance & service firm with six in-house installation crews and a 10-member service department. Our 100+ employees in Missouri and Illinois are dedicated exclusively to PV system design, installation, operations, and maintenance.
StraightUp Solar has installed more than 2,000 solar projects at businesses, homes, schools, farms, churches and government buildings throughout Missouri and Illinois and has offices in St. Louis, MO and Bloomington, IL. Our team includes 40+ NABCEP Certified and Associate-level credentialled solar professionals.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate and advancement opportunities
- 4% Employer Matching 401(k)/100% vested
- Monthly medical insurance stipend for employee
- $50,000 Paid Life Insurance
- Additional voluntary insurance includes: Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Life and Legal.
- Wellness Program with Headspace App Stipend
- Paid Time off, Holidays, Parental Bonding and Maternity Leave
- Social Media Content Creation and Design
- Produce creative, high quality video, and photographic content for use in website, social media, print and public presentations
- Write and publish social media content across StraightUp Solar platforms
- Manage social media engagement across StraightUp Solar platforms
- Maintain current knowledge of social media trends
- Digital Content Management
- Design, edit and publish content and graphics for the company website
- Implement recommendations of SEM and SEO that improve lead generation performance of website
- Design, edit and publish email marketing content
- Public Presentations and Events
- Represent the brand well at events and customer engagements
- Educate community organizations and schools about solar energy
- Coordinate and set up marketing events
- Additional duties may be assigned outside of this scope
- 3+ years of experience working in videography, social media communications, or marketing
- 3+ years of experience with social media platforms
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications or a related discipline
- Experience or familiarity with shooting and editing video
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience working with WordPress or another CMS
- Experience with copywriting on behalf of a brand
- Willing to travel regionally and work occasional evenings and weekends
- Applicants who provide a portfolio of video and social media postings will be given special consideration
- Clean driving record
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based B-Corp company committed to a cleaner, safer, more secure, and socially just energy future — one solar panel at a time. As evidenced by recent accolades as one of St Louis’s 2021 Best Places to Work, we provide a supportive team environment which allows everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company. We have begun the transition to employee ownership which we expect to complete in 2023. StraightUp Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer, encouraging veterans, women, persons of color, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply. StraightUp Solar has six core “CLEARE” values that guide the company and team members.
- Community First
- Lead the Solar Tribe
- Educate the Solar Lesson
- Advocate Always
- Respect Each Other and the Environment
- Excellence In All We Do
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
We take safety seriously at StraightUp Solar. We are following CDC guidance and monitoring community levels to develop policy.