What are the first signs of critter damage?
- Clumps of leaves or debris under array
- Lower array production
- Loss of array production
What kind of damage can critters cause?
- Chewed wires
- Exposed conductors
- Electrical fire in most severe cases
What is Critter Guard?
- A barrier between the solar module frame and the roof to prevent critters from getting under the solar panels
- Wire mesh material
- Can be reused if removal is required due to maintenance of the system
Who should consider getting Critter Guard installed?
- Residential homeowners
- Shingled roof
- Squirrels in your area
- Wooded area
- Trees adjacent to you home
When should Critter Guard be installed?
- Upon the initial installation of the solar system
- Better to install before you’ve incurred costly repairs
How long will Critter Guard last?
- Should last the lifetime of your system
- One-year warranty provided
What can you expect from the installation process?
- Should take a couple hours (installation time can vary depending on the size of the array and steepness of your roof)
- Should be left with no places for critters to enter under the system
Interested in Critter Guard?
If you already have a solar array and would like to add Critter Guard, reach out to our Service Department. If you don’t have solar yet and would like to include Critter Guard in your custom solar quote, tell your Project Developer (or include it in the notes section of our quote form).