In June of this year, StraightUp Solar acquired a number of SREC contract reservations for future solar energy projects – to be built before December 2016. We jumped on the June opportunity to purchase SREC contract reservations because our experience told us that subsequent opportunities to purchase SRECs in what is known as Illinois’ Supplemental SREC Procurement market would yield lower-priced SREC contracts.
The SREC procurement process in Illinois has stimulated solar energy growth all over the state since it was announced this summer. Find out how you can acquire the SREC contracts that we have now, the highest-priced SREC contracts that will EVER be seen in Illinois.
But don’t worry, fall is just beginning and that means you have time to call us to get started on finding a solar energy system that will allow you to pay in advance for your own supply of clean, renewable, fixed-price energy.
Here is a quick reminder of our easy 10-Steps to Solar Timeline to show you how to get started and how the process works:
1) REQUEST YOUR ANNUAL “KWH” USAGE
– Don’t know how? Tell us your provider & we will send you instructions 314 218-2663
2) PHONE EVALUATION – Takes as Little as 10 Minutes 314 218-2663
– Provide annual KWH usage & address (even if your home’s not built yet)
– We’ll discuss price/budget, financing options, and components
If you decide we can meet your needs…
3) ONSITE EVALUATION
Experienced Solar Professional (not a salesperson) will: outdoors assess your location for size and shading, and indoors your electric panel, roof structure (from your crawl space), and then discuss specific equipment options.
4) GET A PROPOSAL & GET ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED (ACTUAL BID)
– Either while we’re onsite or within 24 hours
– And if we don’t have the answer will tell you where to find it
5) SIGN A CONTRACT
– And provide down payment
6) DESIGN & PROCUREMENT (30-60 DAYS)
– Design the system & discuss any modifications with you
– Submit required “net metering” agreement & specifications to your utility
– Upon utility approval (usually 10-30 days later), make next payment, & we purchase your equipment
– Await equipment delivery (usually 2-3 weeks)
7) AGREE ON AN INSTALLATION DATE
8) WATCH US INSTALL YOUR NEW SOLAR SYSTEM
– Physical installation can range from 1 – 3 days
– Upon completion provide 20% of purchase price
– 30 days after installation provide final 50% payment
– SUS Technician sets up your monitoring
9) UTILITY INSTALLATION OF NEW METER (& LOCAL INSPECTIONS IF REQUIRED)
– Required before you can ‘flip the on switch’ (depending on the utility usually 2-3 week wait)
10) RECEIVE 30% OF TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE BACK
– On your Federal Taxes…either at end of calendar year, or in anticipation, lower your monthly withholding (always consult your tax professional first)