Join the StraightUp Solar team and be on the front lines of the Midwest’s transition to a clean energy economy! StraightUp Solar is seeking a Commercial Site Superintendent to supervise large commercial installations.
About StraightUp Solar:
StraightUp Solar is Missouri’s longest-running and largest solar installer. St Louis-founded and owned, we are a fully-licensed and insured electrical contractor, a BBB A+ business, and B-Corps Certified. We are a turn-key solar PV design & installation firm with 5 in-house installation crews. Our 110 employees in Missouri and Illinois are dedicated exclusively to PV design, installation, operations, and maintenance.
StraightUp Solar has installed more than 2,000 solar projects at businesses, homes, schools, farms, churches and government buildings throughout Missouri and Illinois and has offices in St. Louis, MO and Bloomington, IL. Our team of 115 includes 57 NABCEP Certified and Associate-level credential solar professionals.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate and advancement opportunities
- 4% Employer Matching 401(k)/100% vested
- Monthly medical insurance stipend for employee
- Paid Life Insurance $50,000
- Additional voluntary insurance includes: Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Life and Legal.
- Wellness Program with Headspace App Stipend
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays, and Bereavement
- Per Diem and paid travel if there are out of town opportunities
- Ongoing solar education and training classes
- Daily and weekly reports.
- Updating schedule MS Project (like percentage complete, delays, weather issues, etc.).
- Coordinate and communicate with the site owner representative daily.
- Communication with subcontractors and vendors.
- Daily site safety checks and maintain Site Specific Safety Plan.
- Keeping subs & material flow per schedule.
- Communication with utility providers.
- Follow Interconnection Agreement and ensure steps taken to achieve final interconnection acceptance.
- Communication with AHJ’s.
- Permitting and schedule inspections.
- Coordinate and receive materials (racking, Modules, inverters, switchgear, monitoring). between vendors and subcontractors.
- Verify material conditions and quantities received.
- Communicate with supplier on any material discrepancies.
- Keep a close eye on quality control in the field and quality control paperwork.
- Be able to interpret plans and installation manuals.
- Review QA/QC site plan and verify steps.
- Maintain office and storage units. Maintain site services storage, temp electric, and port a johns (Hopefully worksite will have connected temporary power. Otherwise will need to maintain generator/fueling).
- Report to the Senior PM on any changes in safety, schedule, scope, or budget.
- Expected Travel: Monday – Friday at out of town jobsite during the week (Employee can go home most weekends)
- Typical Site Supervisor assignments last 3-4 months.
- Paid lodging and daily per diem while out of town.
- Between Site Supervisor assignments this employee may help install arrays, electrical, perform service and maintenance work, technical onsites, or other duties as needed.
- Solar Installation Experience
- Leadership Experience
- Ability to travel out of town
- Computer and cloud platform skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Project programs
- Covid-19 vaccination
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Project/Construction Management
- Electrical Experience
- NABCEP Certification
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based B-Corp company committed to a cleaner, safer, and more secure energy future – one solar panel at a time. We provide a supportive team environment which allows everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company. StraightUp Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, women, persons of color, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply. StraightUp Solar has 6 core values (CLEARE) that guide the company and team members.
- Community First
- Lead the Solar Tribe
- Educate the Solar Lesson
- Advocate Always
- Respect Each Other and the Environment
- Excellence In All We Do
This is a salaried position. $52-72,000 per year.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com