Salary Range: $65,000-$115,000+
Education: Bachelors Preferred/Experience
StraightUp Solar is seeking a solar sales representative to generate sales of residential solar electric systems. A primary responsibility will be performing sales on sites and appointments at homes from pre-qualified leads.
About StraightUp Solar:
StraightUp Solar is Missouri’s longest-running and largest solar installer. St Louis-founded and owned, we are a fully-licensed and insured electrical contractor, a BBB A+ business, and B-Corps Certified. We are a turn-key solar PV design & installation firm with 7 in-house installation crews. Our 130 employees in Missouri and Illinois are dedicated exclusively to PV design, installation, operations, and maintenance.
StraightUp Solar has installed more than 2,500 solar projects at businesses, homes, schools, farms, churches and government buildings throughout Missouri and Illinois and has offices in St. Louis, MO and Bloomington, IL. Our team of 130 includes 62 NABCEP Certified and Associate-level credential solar professionals.
What we offer:
Competitive base salary and commission structure
4% Employer Matching 401(k)/100% vested
Monthly medical insurance stipend for employee
Paid Life Insurance $50,000
Additional voluntary insurance includes: Dental, Vision, Short and Long
Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Life and Legal.
Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays, and Bereavement
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Sales of residential solar electric systems
- Finalizing and signing contracts at clients’ homes with an emphasis on being a successful first-meeting closer when appropriate
- Utilizing online tools and conducting preliminary site evaluations to develop an initial system design.
- Analysis of customer’s current and projected electrical usage and financial return on investment
- Attending outreach events to discuss solar with potential leads
- At least 2-3 years in solar sales with a proven track record required
- Background in solar, other clean technologies, roofing, or construction, preferred
- Ability to calculate key financial metrics
- Consistently achieve sales quota
- Competency of the use of Gmail, Word, Excel, and CRM
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deliver a high level of customer service
- Must be able to work weekends on occasion
- Must be very organized, self-motivated, and able to meet aggressive timelines
- Develop and maintain a strong referral network of satisfied customers that refer friends and family to StraightUp Solar
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based B-Corp company committed to a cleaner, safer, and more secure energy future — one solar panel at a time. We provide a supportive team environment which allows everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer celebrating our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
StraightUp Solar has 6 core values (CLEARE) that guide the company and team members.
- Community First
- Lead the Solar Tribe
- Educate the Solar Lesson
- Advocate Always
- Respect Each Other and the Environment
- Excellence In All We Do
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org