Herndon FarmsMacomb, Illinois | Commercial | ground
The Herndon Farms of Macomb, Illinois went solar in 2019 after seeing their neighbors at Creasey Farms go solar. Knowing they could trust the experts at StraightUp Solar, they chose to install a similar 67.2 kW solar PV system to offset energy production on their pork producing operation.
- 90,779 kilowatt-hours (kWh) annual energy production
- Year 1 energy bill savings: $6,682
- Energy bill savings over 25-year lifespan of panels: $20,080
- Less than 4 years payback
- Offsets 1,515 Metric Tons CO2 over 25 years
- 25-year REC ProTrust Warranty on panels
Herndon Farms saved of 87% off their total solar costs by taking advantage of the 26% federal tax credit, MACRS and bonus depreciation, and the Illinois sRECs incentive program.
As an added bonus, this agribusiness owner received a USDA Renewable Energy for America Program (REAP) cash reimbursement grant.
GO SOLAR WITH YOUR OPERATION
To help farms go solar, we assist with USDA REAP grant applications and coordinate financing through our commercial green banking partner. Reach out for a custom solar assessment to find out how your farm operation can reduce overhead energy expenses.