Solarize Your Community with a Group Buy
A group buy is a group of individuals, often tied together by some common affiliation, teaming up to help each other go solar. A group can be formed by a local municipality, club, employer, etc.
The group accesses community presentations to learn about the nuts and bolts of solar electricity, finds the best installer, and then pools their purchasing power. The end result? Meaningful lower pricing, less individual hassles, and the highest-quality installations.
Sometimes organizing a ‘group buy’ within a community comes about organically. In other instances, StraightUp Solar proactively introduces the idea.
Either way we then provide the tools for the entity to organize their group buy program, and then we launch it with them. We have specialized expertise to help any organization pave the way for their own group buy solar program.
A solar Group Buy is a great way for a(n):
Solar electricity (or photovoltaics, PV) lowers an individual’s electricity bill, is a home investment that’s guaranteed for 25 years, and creates the peace of mind of energy independence while staying connected to the utility.
The substantial community benefit can also be a compelling draw for individuals. A group buy encourages others, allows the group to spread the savings, and multiplies their environmental impact while supporting the local economy.
The appeal of solar group buying is universal. That’s why cities, counties, nonprofits, large schools, and major employers are using the group buying model with great success nationwide.
100KW of Solar PV (powers about 13 homes year round) can:
- BRING Over $300,000 into the Local Economy, including 800 Hours of Construction Work
- PREVENT 24,000 gallons of Water Lost to cooling power plant equipment
- SAVE the Carbon Dioxide Equivalent of 223,000 Miles Driven by a 25mpg Passenger Car (or 100 tons of carbon dioxide equivalent)
Define Your Solarize Group
Any size community can create their own “solarize” group buy to share the benefits of solar. Define your group based on geography, organization, or employer.
Find Your Community Partners
Use the power of your networks to find promotional partners and host locations for education sessions.
Pick Your Solar Partner
A local solar installation company can provide the design, installation, and even educational services for your solar group buy. Develop selection criteria, including quality of installed work, potential discounts, time in business, community involvement, and NABCEP certification.
Host Solar Education Sessions
Provide a brief but helpful overview on how solar works and the details of the group buy for participants who want to learn about the program. Pictured here: Solar Urbana-Champaign group buy participants attend a solar education session.
Solarize Your Community
Celebrate as the homes and businesses of your community fill with solar power systems, providing clean energy and low electric bills for decades to come.
- To start, one of our experienced group project developers will have an introductory conversation with you. This can be done by phone with you or in a meeting with an exploratory committee or organizational leadership.
- The project developer will first help you spell out exactly what you might have in mind, and then identify some specific goals and objectives. This simple step creates the very foundation for your program.
- From here there are several paths you can follow to get your program successfully designed and up and running. We’ll help you figure out what’s best for your group.
- Customer service to provide each property owner individualized attention, while efficiently managing high concentration of residential & commercial projects at the same time
- Over 1100 solar energy systems installed under the same ownership in the same region for over a decade
- Ongoing re-evaluation of: our design and build practices, the latest equipment, and internal processes for improved operations
- Up-front and transparent Cost-Benefit Analyses
- StraightUp Solar’s own 10 year workmanship and production warranties, in addition to panel manufacturer's’ 25 year production guarantee
- Library of StraightUp Solar presentations to address any audience
- Marketing support
StraightUp Solar is a fully insured, licensed, & Illinois state-certified, turnkey solar EPC firm staffed by our own in-house licensed electrician and NABCEP-certified professionals to provide the highest quality residential, commercial and community solar energy systems.