Grow Solar in Your Community with a Solar Group Buy
StraightUp Solar's Successful Group Buys To Date
A group buy is a group of individuals, often tied together by some common affiliation, teaming up to help each other go solar. A group can be formed by a local municipality, club, employer, etc.
The group accesses community presentations to learn about the nuts and bolts of solar electricity, finds the best installer, and then pools their purchasing power. The end result? Meaningful lower pricing, less individual hassles, and the highest-quality installations.
Sometimes organizing a ‘group buy’ within a community comes about organically. The Midwest Renewable Energy Association coordinates many of these programs with local organizations like the Ecology Action Center in Bloomington-Normal, the Cool Cities Committee in Godfrey, and the Missouri Botanical Garden. In other instances, StraightUp Solar proactively introduces the idea such as when we worked with MilliporeSigma to help their employees solarize their homes.
Either way, we then provide the tools for the entity to organize their group buy program, and then we launch it with them. We have specialized expertise to help any organization pave the way for their own group buy solar program.
A solar Group Buy is a great way for a(n):
Solar electricity (or photovoltaics, PV) is expected to lower an individual’s electricity bill, and is a home investment for 25 years, and creates clean energy.
The substantial community benefit can also be a compelling draw for individuals. A group buy encourages others to go solar, allows the group to spread the savings through rebates given if certain targets are reached, and multiplies environmental impact while supporting the local economy.
The appeal of solar group buying is universal. That’s why cities, counties, nonprofits, large schools, and major employers are using the group buying model with great success nationwide.
100KW of Solar PV (powers about 13 homes year round) can:
- BRING Over $300,000 into the Local Economy, including 800 Hours of Construction Work
- PREVENT 24,000 gallons of Water Lost to creating steam to spin turbines for electricity
- SAVE the Carbon Dioxide Equivalent of 223,000 Miles Driven by a 25mpg Passenger Car (or 100 tons of carbon dioxide equivalent)
Define Your Solarize Group
Any size community can create their own solar group buy to share the benefits of solar. Define your group based on geography, organization, or employer.
Find Your Community Partners
Use the power of your networks to find promotional partners and host locations for education sessions.
Pick Your Solar Partner
A local solar installation company can provide the design, installation, and even educational services for your solar group buy. Develop selection criteria, including quality of installed work, potential discounts, time in business, community involvement, and NABCEP certification.
Host Solar Education Sessions
Provide a brief but helpful overview on how solar works and the details of the group buy for participants who want to learn about the program. Pictured here: Solar Urbana-Champaign group buy participants attend a solar education session.
Grow Solar in Your Community
Celebrate as the homes and businesses of your community are filled with solar power systems. They will provide clean energy to the grid and may lower electric bills for decades to come.
- To start, our Director of Business Development will have an introductory conversation with you. This can be done by phone with you or in a meeting with an exploratory committee or organizational leadership.
- The Director of Business Development will first help you spell out exactly what you might have in mind, and then identify some specific goals and objectives. This simple step creates the very foundation for your program.
- From here there are several paths you can follow to get your program successfully designed and up and running. We’ll help you figure out what’s best for your group.
- Customer service to provide each property owner individualized attention, while efficiently managing high concentration of residential & commercial projects at the same time
- Over 1300 solar energy systems installed under the same ownership in the same region for over a decade
- Ongoing re-evaluation of: our design and build practices, the latest equipment, and internal processes for improved operations
- Up-front and transparent Cost-Benefit Analyses
- StraightUp Solar’s own 10 year workmanship and production warranties, in addition to panel manufacturer's’ 25 year production guarantee for residential customers
- Library of StraightUp Solar presentations to address any audience
- Marketing support
StraightUp Solar is a fully insured, licensed, Missouri & Illinois state-certified, turnkey solar EPC firm staffed by our own in-house licensed electrician and NABCEP-certified professionals to provide the highest quality residential, commercial and community solar energy systems.