Steps to solar in Ameren service territory
1. StraightUp Solar designs your solar electric system.
2. StraightUp Solar submits drawings and utility net metering application to Ameren.
3. Ameren approves small system within 30 days (less than 10 kW). Ameren approves larger system within 90 days (greater than 10 kW).
4. StraightUp Solar installs your system. After, we send in final grid connection and solar rebate paperwork.
5. Typically within 10 days of receipt of final paperwork, Ameren inspects system and places bi-directional meter. The system is activated.
6. Typically within 30 days of system activation, customer received solar rebate by mail.
*Timeline only varies slightly with municipal or member-owned electric cooperatives