Solar Service Technician
Saint Louis, Missouri
Solar Service Technician Job Description
StraightUp Solar, a fast-growing, locally owned solar installation company, is seeking a Full Time – Solar Service
Technician for its St. Louis, MO and Bloomington, IL offices. The Solar Service Representative serves as the Tier 1 troubleshooter and problem solver for StraightUp Solar’s Solar Array Portfolio. This position also manages the customer experience through warranty claims and production questions
or concerns. This position reports to the Service Manager and works within the Service Team. This position requires full COVID-19 vaccination status.
About StraightUp Solar:
StraightUp Solar is Missouri’s longest-running and largest solar installer. St Louis-founded and owned, we are a fully-licensed and insured electrical contractor, a BBB A+ business, and B-Corps Certified. We are a turn-key solar PV design & installation firm with 5 in-house installation crews. Our 85 employees in Missouri and Illinois are dedicated exclusively to PV design, installation, operations, and maintenance.
StraightUp Solar has installed more than 2,000 solar projects at businesses, homes, schools, farms, churches and government buildings throughout Missouri and Illinois and has offices in St. Louis, MO and Bloomington, IL. Our team of 85 includes 40 NABCEP Certified and Associate-level credential solar professionals.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate and advancement opportunities
- 4% Employer Matching 401(k)/100% vested
- Monthly medical insurance stipend for employee
- Paid Life Insurance $50,000
- Additional voluntary insurance includes: Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Life and Legal.
- Wellness Program with Headspace App Stipend
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays, and Bereavement
- Per Diem and paid travel if there are out of town opportunities
- Ongoing solar education and training classes
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives a company vehicle to multiple service calls a day: homes, schools, and businesses located across Eastern Missouri, Metro East, and Southern Illinois. Service work may be solo or with another SUS service technician, varies based on job need.
- Delivers high level of customer service by addressing customers’ questions and concerns and effectively communicating system specifications, performance metrics, and variances.
- Responsible for being a subject-matter expert on processes associated with the installation of PV Systems. Includes knowing equipment specifications for the major components used in PV arrays, being able to read technical drawings and building plans and maintain a strong understanding of PV design requirements.
- Complete Service Ticket paperwork after service visit via cloud-based database.
- Communicate with other departments internally as necessary to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of processes and systems that support the service department.
- Other duties as assigned
- Job related experience in solar and/or construction
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software experience or equivalent is a plus
- Proven track record in effective follow-through and problem resolution
- PV installations, design/engineering experience and solar system troubleshooting a plus
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks with minimal errors
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must be able to research, analyze problems, and make independent decision
- Attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Maintain Clean Driving Record and has Reliable Transportation
- Ability to climb ladders, bend and kneel repeatedly and work at heights
- Physically able to lift 75 lbs
- Ability to work in inclement weather
- Safety Minded and follows OSHA guidelines
- Prompt and professional response to customer needs
- Positive team attitude
- Ability to work an average of 45 hours per week
- Resourceful at meeting challenges
- Dependable and on time
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based B-Corp company committed to a cleaner, safer, and more secure energy future – one solar panel at a time. We provide a supportive team environment which allows everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company. StraightUp Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, women, persons of color, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply. StraightUp Solar has 6 core values (CLEARE) that guide the company and team members.
- Community First
- Lead the Solar Tribe
- Educate the Solar Lesson
- Advocate Always
- Respect Each Other and the Environment
- Excellence In All We Do
Pay Structure: Hourly
Pay Range: $45,000 to $60,000 annually
Work Schedule: 5 Days Per Week – Monday – Friday