Residential Solar Sales Representative
StraightUp Solar is seeking a solar sales representative to generate sales of residential solar electric systems. A primary responsibility will be performing sales at homes from pre-qualified leads.
Job Type: Base Salary plus Commission
Required experience: Sales: 2 years; MS office or Google Suite: 1 year
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Sales of residential solar electric systems
- Finalizing and signing contracts at clients’ homes with an emphasis on being a successful first-meeting closer when appropriate
- Utilizing online tools and conducting preliminary site evaluations to develop an initial system design.
- Analysis of customer’s current and projected electrical usage and financial return on investment
- Attending outreach events to discuss solar with potential leads
- At least 2-3 years in sales, required
- Background in solar, other clean technologies, roofing, or construction, preferred
- Ability to calculate key financial metrics
- Consistently achieve sales quota
- Competency of the use of Gmail, Word, Excel, and a CRM
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deliver a high level of customer service
- Must be able to work weekends on occasion
- Must be very organized, self-motivated, and able to meet aggressive timelines
- Develop and maintain a strong referral network of satisfied customers
- Competitive base salary and commission
- Employer Paid Medical insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Ongoing solar education and training classes
About StraightUp Solar:
StraightUp Solar is Missouri’s longest-running and largest solar installer. St Louis-founded and owned, we are a fully-licensed and insured electrical contractor, a BBB A+ business, and B-Corps Certified.
StraightUp Solar has installed more than 1100 solar projects throughout Missouri and Illinois and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Metro East, IL, and Bloomington, IL.
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based company committed to a cleaner, safer, and more secure energy future — one solar panel at a time.
We provide a supportive team environment which allows everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company. StraightUp Solar is committed to ongoing training and professional development, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
StraightUp Solar has 6 core values (CLEARE) that guide the company and team members.
- C ommunity First
- Leave the world better than we found it
- L ead the Solar Tribe
- We lead when our members lead
- E ducate the Solar Lesson
- Improve ourselves & the community
- A dvocate Always
- Grow the Tribe
- R espect Others & The Environment
- Live by the Golden Rule
- E xcellence in All We Do
- Exceed expectations
Please fill out the form below.