Join the StraightUp Solar team and be on the front lines of the Midwest’s transition to a clean energy economy! StraightUp Solar is seeking a Solar Installer to complete residential and commercial PV projects. This position requires full COVID-19 vaccination status.
About StraightUp Solar:
StraightUp Solar is Missouri’s longest-running and largest solar installer. St Louis-founded and owned, we are a fully-licensed and insured electrical contractor, a BBB A+ business, and B-Corps Certified. We are a turn-key solar PV design & installation firm with 5 in-house installation crews. Our 85 employees in Missouri and Illinois are dedicated exclusively to PV design, installation, operations, and maintenance.
StraightUp Solar has installed more than 2,000 solar projects at businesses, homes, schools, farms, churches and government buildings throughout Missouri and Illinois and has offices in St. Louis, MO and Bloomington, IL. Our team of 85 includes 40 NABCEP Certified and Associate-level credential solar professionals.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate and advancement opportunities
- 4% Employer Matching 401(k)/100% vested
- Monthly medical insurance stipend for employee
- Paid Life Insurance $50,000
- Additional voluntary insurance includes: Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Life and Legal.
- Wellness Program with Headspace App Stipend
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays, and Bereavement
- Per Diem and paid travel if there are out of town opportunities
- Ongoing solar education and training classes
- Adhere to StraightUp Solar and OSHA safety standards
- Install quality PV installation to system design specifications
- Ensure that layout, roof attachment, racking and module assembly, combiner box installation, home run wiring, and voltage testing meets expected quality standards
- Complete electrical wiring of solar array (AC and DC)
- Problem solve system layouts when design specifications require adjustment
- Stage materials and tools and load vans
- Perform quality roof penetrations
- Assemble racking, mounting systems and modules per specification
- Ground and wire the modules and combiner box
- Perform voltage testing
- Assist with general ground support
- Assist with general site preparation and clean up
- Deliver a high level of customer service
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Thorough understanding of grid-tied PV system design, electrical wire sizing, and conduit connections
- Leadership Experience
- Understanding tool use and basic familiarity with construction practices
- Must be organized and self-motivated
- Comfortably able to lift 75 lbs, climb ladders, kneel repeatedly, work with power tools, and work on roofs in varying temperatures
- Must have excellent teamwork and communication skills including the ability to foster a positive team environment through collaborative decision-making
- Must have a clean driving record and access to transportation to job site
- Preferred but not required: NABCEP certification, OSHA-10 safety certification, and previous experience installing solar PV on the DC side of the system
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based B-Corp company committed to a cleaner, safer, and more secure energy future – one solar panel at a time. We provide a supportive team environment which allows everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company. StraightUp Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, women, persons of color, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply. StraightUp Solar has 6 core values (CLEARE) that guide the company and team members.
- Community First
- Lead the Solar Tribe
- Educate the Solar Lesson
- Advocate Always
- Respect Each Other and the Environment
- Excellence In All We Do
Pay Structure: Hourly
Pay Range: $45,000 to $60,000 annually
Work Schedule: 5 Days Per Week – Monday – Friday
How to apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Jobs@straightupsolar.com.