Saint Louis, Missouri
Join the StraightUp Solar team and be on the front lines of the Midwest’s transition to a clean energy economy!
StraightUp Solar is seeking an Electrician to complete residential and commercial PV projects.
This is not a travel job. We are looking for someone living in the St. Louis or Metro East area. Please do not apply if you will not be based locally.
Please send resume and cover letter to Jobs@Straightupsolar.com.
Salary: $55,000 – $90,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
About StraightUp Solar:
StraightUp Solar is Missouri’s longest-running and largest solar installer. St Louis-founded and owned, we are a fully-licensed and insured electrical contractor, a BBB A+ business, and B-Corps Certified. We are a turn-key solar PV design & installation firm with 4 in-house installation crews. Our 85 employees in Missouri and Illinois are dedicated exclusively to PV design, installation, operations, and maintenance.
StraightUp Solar has installed more than 1,700 solar projects at businesses, homes, schools, farms, churches and government buildings throughout Missouri and Illinois and has offices in St. Louis, MO and Bloomington, IL. Our team of 85 includes 36 NABCEP Certified and Associate-level credential solar professionals.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate and advancement opportunities
- 4% Employer Matching 401(k)/100% vested
- Monthly medical insurance stipend for employee
- Paid Life Insurance $50,000
- Additional voluntary insurance includes: Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Life and Legal.
- Wellness Program with Headspace App Stipend
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays, Parental and Bereavement
- Per Diem and paid travel when travel arises
- Ongoing solar education and training classes
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Size wiring per NEC code
- Size fuses and circuit breakers per NEC code
- Conduit bending – up to 2 inch
- Install electrical service panels, electric service entrance, and electrical disconnects
- Electrical wiring of solar array (AC and DC).
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Minimum 2 year trade school training or BAT approved program (bureau of apprenticeship training).
- Ability to work on roofs and in hot sun, cold weather, crawl spaces, flat and sloped roofs, ladders
- Must be organized, self-motivated
- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs
- Must have excellent communication skills and work well on a team
- Must have a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license, and access to reliable transportation. Also be in commuting distance to the St. Louis metro area.
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based company committed to a cleaner, safer, and more secure energy future — one solar panel at a time.
We provide a supportive team environment which allows everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company. StraightUp Solar is committed to ongoing training and professional development. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer celebrating our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
10 hour shift
Monday to Friday
We have a daily stipend for field team members to drive their own vehicles to the job site. Leadership tracks the COVID situation in real time.
Why are you the best candidate for this job? Please explain in detail.
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Company’s Facebook page:
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place