Saint Louis, Missouri
Join the StraightUp Solar team and be on the front lines of the Midwest’s transition to a clean energy economy! StraightUp Solar is seeking an Electrician to complete residential and commercial PV projects. This is not a travel job. Please do not apply if you will not be based locally in either St. Louis/Metro East area, Bloomington, IL area, or Southern Illinois. This position requires full COVID-19 vaccination status.
About StraightUp Solar:
StraightUp Solar is Missouri’s longest-running and largest solar installer. St Louis-founded and owned, we are a fully-licensed and insured electrical contractor, a BBB A+ business, and B-Corps Certified. We are a turn-key solar PV design & installation firm with 5 in-house installation crews. Our 85 employees in Missouri and Illinois are dedicated exclusively to PV design, installation, operations, and maintenance.
StraightUp Solar has installed more than 2,000 solar projects at businesses, homes, schools, farms, churches and government buildings throughout Missouri and Illinois and has offices in St. Louis, MO and Bloomington, IL. Our team of 85 includes 40 NABCEP Certified and Associate-level credential solar professionals.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate and advancement opportunities
- 4% Employer Matching 401(k)/100% vested
- Monthly medical insurance stipend for employee
- Paid Life Insurance $50,000
- Additional voluntary insurance includes: Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Life and Legal.
- Wellness Program with Headspace App Stipend
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays, and Bereavement
- Per Diem and paid travel if there are out of town opportunities
- Ongoing solar education and training classes
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Size wiring per NEC code
- Size fuses and circuit breakers per NEC code
- Conduit bending – up to 2 inch
- Install electrical service panels, electric service entrance, and electrical disconnects
- Electrical wiring of solar array (AC and DC).
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Minimum 2 year trade school training or BAT approved program (bureau of apprenticeship training).
- Ability to work on roofs and in hot sun, cold weather, crawl spaces, flat and sloped roofs, ladders
- Must be organized, self-motivated
- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs
- Must have excellent communication skills and work well on a team
- Must have a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license, and access to reliable transportation. Also be in commuting distance to the St. Louis metro area.
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based company committed to a cleaner, safer, and more secure energy future — one solar panel at a time.
We provide a supportive team environment which allows everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company. StraightUp Solar is committed to ongoing training and professional development. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer celebrating our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
- Community First
- Lead the Solar Tribe
- Educate the Solar Lesson
- Advocate Always
- Respect Each Other and the Environment
- Excellence In All We Do
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Structure: Hourly
Pay Range: $70,000 – $90,000 a year
Work Schedule: 5 Days Per Week – Monday – Friday
Please send resume and cover letter to Jobs@Straightupsolar.com.