Solar Array Installer
Saint Louis, Missouri
Join the StraightUp Solar team and be on the front lines of the Midwest’s transition to a clean energy economy!
StraightUp Solar is seeking a Solar Array Installer to complete residential and commercial PV projects. Functions including system layout, roof attachment, racking and module assembly, combiner box installation, home run wiring, and voltage testing. Installations include roof-mounted (pitched and flat) and ground-mounted systems.
Job Type: Full-Time, Hourly
- Adhere to StraightUp Solar and OSHA safety standards
- Install quality PV installation to system design specifications
- Ensure that layout, roof attachment, racking and module assembly, combiner box installation, home run wiring, and voltage testing meets expected quality standards
- Complete electrical wiring of solar array (AC and DC)
- Problem solve system layouts when design specifications require adjustment
- Meet crew efficiency targets and StraightUp Solar project standards
- Attend training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety
- Stage materials and tools and load vans
- Perform quality roof penetrations
- Assemble racking, mounting systems and modules per specification
- Ground and wire the modules and combiner box
- Perform voltage testing
- Assist with general ground support
- Assist with general site preparation and clean up
- Deliver a high level of customer service
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read and understand field layouts
- Thorough understanding of grid-tied PV system design, electrical wire sizing, and conduit connections
- Understanding tool use and basic familiarity with construction practices
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and able to meet aggressive timelines
- Comfortably able to lift 75 lbs, climb ladders, work with power tools, and work on roofs in varying temperatures
- Must have excellent teamwork and communication skills including the ability to foster a positive team environment through collaborative decision-making
- Must have a clean driving record and access to transportation to job site
- Preferred but not required: NABCEP certification, OSHA-10 safety certification, and previous experience installing solar PV on the DC side of the system
Compensation and Benefits:
- Based in Overland, MO
- Competitive hourly rate and advancement opportunities
- Employer Paid Medical Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off package
- Ongoing solar education and training classes
About StraightUp Solar:
StraightUp Solar is Missouri’s longest-running and largest solar installer. St Louis-founded and owned, we are a fully-licensed and insured electrical contractor, a BBB A+ business, and B-Corps Certified. We are a turn-key solar PV design & installation firm with 4 in-house installation crews. Our 50 employees in Missouri and Illinois are dedicated exclusively to PV design, installation, operations, and maintenance.
StraightUp Solar has installed more than 1100 solar projects at businesses, homes, schools, farms, churches, & government buildings throughout Missouri and Illinois and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Metro East, IL, and Bloomington, IL. Our team includes around 20 NABCEP Certified and Associate-level credential solar professionals.
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based company committed to a cleaner, safer, and more secure energy future — one solar panel at a time.
We provide a supportive team environment which allows everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company. StraightUp Solar is committed to ongoing training and professional development, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
StraightUp Solar has 6 core values (CLEARE) that guide the company and team members.
- C ommunity First
- Leave the world better than we found it
- L ead the Solar Tribe
- We lead when our members lead
- E ducate the Solar Lesson
- Improve ourselves & the community
- A dvocate Always
- Grow the Tribe
- R espect Others & The Environment
- Live by the Golden Rule
- E xcellence in All We Do
- Exceed expectations
Please fill out the form below.