Saint Louis, Missouri
Salary Range: $50,000 – $72,500
Preferred 2+ years software developing experience
StraightUp Solar is seeking a Software Developer to join our growing team. Please send resume and cover letter to Jobs@Straightupsolar.com.
As an 85-employee, 15-year, B-Corp-certified, St Louis-based solar photovoltaic energy generation and storage integration provider, StraightUp Solar seeks an energetic, motivated information technology (IT) systems professional to join an equally motivated team of solar professionals inspiring a Solar Tribe to create a sustainable world.
About StraightUp Solar:
Incorporated in 2006, StraightUp Solar is Missouri’s longest-running and largest solar installer. St Louis-founded and owned, we are a fully-licensed and insured electrical contractor, a BBB A+ business, B-Corps Certified, and formally recognized as one St Louis’s Best Places to Work in 2020. StraightUp Solar is a turn-key solar photovoltaic (PV) design, installation, and maintenance & service firm with five in-house installation crews and a 10-member service department. Our 85 employees in Missouri and Illinois are dedicated exclusively to PV system design, installation, operations, and maintenance.
StraightUp Solar has installed more than 1,700 solar projects at businesses, homes, schools, farms, churches and government buildings throughout Missouri and Illinois and has offices in St. Louis, MO and Bloomington, IL. Our team of 85 includes 45 NABCEP Certified and Associate-level credentialed solar professionals.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate and advancement opportunities
- 4% Employer Matching 401(k)/100% vested
- Monthly medical insurance stipend for employee
- $50,000 Paid Life Insurance
- Additional voluntary insurance includes: Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Life and Legal.
- Wellness Program with Headspace App Stipend
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, Holidays, and Bereavement
As a high-growth industry, solar installation and service demands a high degree of knowledge fusion to maximize effective decision making in a fast-paced environment. StraightUp Solar desires to add an IT professional with relational database development experience to a three-person strategic development team to continue tighter marketing, sales, project execution, solar service, and financial information integration and analysis across the company. Additionally, StraightUp Solar is beginning an aggressive digital transformation to incorporate machine learning and artificial intelligence to critical workflows and seeks expertise in this area to contribute to a transformation team charged with enabling sustained 15-20% annual revenue growth over the next decade.
Position duties will primarily be performed from the company’s solar-powered, electric vehicle-friendly Maryland Heights headquarters, with some portion of duties eligible for remote work. Software systems currently in use include Podio for CRM and project management, G-Suite for communication and data storage, QuickBooks Enterprise for accounting, SiteCapture for field data collection, and a variety of smaller, supporting systems.
- Audit, modify, and/or develop custom software design/workflows and integrations using No-Code, Low-Code, and
- Troubleshoot and fix problems with existing fleet software.
- Create/update IT software maintenance documentation.
- Assist in new software applications deployment.
- Draft proposals of solutions that fit client and/or internal team software needs.
- Participate effectively in IT-related team meetings as required.
- Participate effectively in Agile software development management processes
- Condition datasets for analysis preparation.
- Support IT system security requirements.
- Develop machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities in a team environment.
- Relational database implementation/management
- Database interconnection via APIs
- G-Suite and related software literacy (proficiency a plus)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate complex technical information in functional and lay terms.
- Ability to interpret information system support requirements and offer solutions for functional system users
- Ability to receive coding task assignments and work efficiently independently or on teams to develop, test, and deploy software supporting all functional enterprise information needs
- Ability to manage work within an Agile/Scrum framework
- Familiarity with No-Code/Low-Code software solutions.
- Podio experience highly desired.
- Familiarity with solar energy systems a plus
- IoT experience a plus.
- Curiosity and creativity a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related IT experience required.
- Two+ years of experience as a software developer a plus.
- Two years Podio or similar Customer Relationship Management/Project Management application coding experience highly desired
- Recent experience in data gathering and cleaning for downstream analysis
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence exposure or experience desired
- Data visualization experience through common platforms such as Tableau or Power BI desired
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Minimal travel
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based B-Corp company committed to a cleaner, safer, more secure, and socially just energy future — one solar panel at a time. As evidenced via recent accolades as one of St Louis’s 2020 Best Places to Work, we provide a supportive team environment which allows everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company. We have begun the transition to employee ownership which we expect to complete in 2023. StraightUp Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer, encouraging veterans, women, persons of color, and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply. Different makes us better. StraightUp Solar has six core “CLEARE” values that guide the company and team members.
- Community First
- Lead the Solar Tribe
- Educate the Solar Lesson
- Advocate Always
- Respect Each Other and the Environment
- Excellence In All We Do
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $72,500.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Health savings account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Please describe what certifications you may have and why you are interested in working at StraightUp Solar. The more detail you provide the better – thanks!
CRM: 2 years (Preferred)
software developing: 2 years (Preferred)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Company’s Facebook page:
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
Temporarily due to COVID-19
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place