Residential Solar Project Manager
Residential Solar Project Manager Job Description
StraightUp Solar, a fast-growing, locally-owned solar installation company, is seeking a Full Time –
Residential Project Manager. They will own all facets of assigned projects from handoff to project
completion regarding customer communication, project and installation coordination and documentation.
They should enjoy customer service and working within a dynamic team environment.
About StraightUp Solar:
StraightUp Solar is a turn-key solar PV design & installation company of 77 people and 4 crews operating
in Illinois and Missouri since 2007. We are a Certified B-Corporation, and member of Amicus Solar
Cooperative and Amicus O&M Cooperative. We believe in an equitable workplace and business practices
that promote a sustainable environment with a commitment to balance between people, place, and profit.
What we offer:
● Competitive base salary plus commission
● Quarterly Profit Sharing
● Employer Matching 401(k)
● Subsidized North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) training
● Medical Insurance Stipend
● Paid Life Insurance
● Dental & Vision insurance (voluntary)
● Short- and Long-Term Disability (voluntary)
● Paid Time Off
● Paid Holidays
● Leave for Bereavement, Maternity, and Parental Bonding
What We’re Looking For:
You will thrive in this job if you’re a self-starter with excellent communication skills. The ability to use
established systems track deliverables and stay organized while excelling in a team environment is key.
At StraightUp Solar, your performance is measured by the success of all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Project oversight and facilitator communicating with all project stakeholders regarding the status
of the project at any given stage.
● Customer communications regarding installation timeline from both the customer’s standpoint and
the company’s, installation expectations, payment status as it relates to installation timelines, and
design, permit, and utility approvals.
● Review newly signed projects prior to the handoff from Sales to Operations for the Weekly Project
● Attend weekly meetings actively providing input and feedback.
● Scheduling new projects into Project Tracker and Podio taking into consideration the customer’s
timeline/expectations, permitting, design, procurement, and special circumstances. PMs also must
adjust as needed to date, status, etc.
● Scheduling Technical Onsite Evaluations with customers and noting those times in the necessary
● Provide oversight of the permitting and utility interconnection application timelines, approvals, and
● Keeping the Project record in Podio accurate and up to date.
● Executing any change order post Weekly Project Review (WPR).
● Create and email the owner’s guide prior to installation.
● Create and prepare the installation folder for assigned projects. This includes designs, cover page
● Communicating with subcontractors regarding installation timeline, permits, and inspections.
● Looking at projects from beginning to end and thinking of ways project management can be
improved, document those ideas, share, and add to SOPs.
● Ensuring all post-installation SREC documentation and photos are uploaded to the customer’s
SREC drive folder and CSG.
● Sending out all five customer surveys.
● Working closely with Project Developers, Design, Permitting and Field Project Coordinators.
● Advanced knowledge of solar and installation/building code requirements
● Present a consistent positive attitude, exceptional teamwork with reliable
● Solution-minded, and always looking for ways to improve efficiency and communication
● Maintain pace intensity to match the needs of the design team
● Strong ability to manage numerous priorities, multitask, and follow through on assigned tasks and
projects with minimal supervision
● Leadership Experience/Training
● OSHA 10
● Provide excellent customer communication / customer service
● CRM experience, Familiar with MS office and Google Suite
● Clean driving record with reliable transportation.
● Ability to pass a background check
● Minimum Education: Associates – Bachelor’s Preferred
● Clean driving record with reliable transportation
● Missouri or Illinois Driver’s License
● Ability to pass a background check
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based B-Corp company committed to a cleaner, safer, and more secure
energy future – one solar panel at a time. We provide a supportive team environment which allows
everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company. StraightUp Solar is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, women, persons of color, and members of the LGBTQ
community to apply. Difference makes us better. StraightUp Solar has 6 core values (CLEARE) that guide
the company and team members.
● Community First
● Lead the Solar Tribe
● Educate the Solar Lesson
● Advocate Always
● Respect Each Other and the Environment
● Excellence In All We Do