Commercial and Industrial Solar Project Developer
StraightUp Solar is seeking a Commercial Project Developer (CPD) to originate, develop, and close commercial and industrial solar photovoltaic projects with a focus in northern and central Illinois. The position is based out of our St. Louis, MO and Bloomington-Normal offices; however, candidates may live anywhere in Illinois. This position requires full COVID-19 vaccination status.
About StraightUp Solar:
StraightUp Solar is Missouri’s longest-running and largest solar installer. St Louis-founded and owned, we are a fully-licensed and insured electrical contractor, a BBB A+ business, and B-Corps Certified. We are a turn-key solar PV design & installation firm with 5 in-house installation crews. Our 85 employees in Missouri and Illinois are dedicated exclusively to PV design, installation, operations, and maintenance.
StraightUp Solar has installed more than 2,000 solar projects at businesses, homes, schools, farms, churches and government buildings throughout Missouri and Illinois and has offices in St. Louis, MO and Bloomington, IL. Our team of 85 includes 40 NABCEP Certified and Associate-level credential solar professionals.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate and advancement opportunities
- 4% Employer Matching 401(k)/100% vested
- Monthly medical insurance stipend for employee
- Paid Life Insurance $50,000
- Additional voluntary insurance includes: Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Life and Legal.
- Wellness Program with Headspace App Stipend
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays, and Bereavement
- Per Diem and paid travel if there are out of town opportunities
- Ongoing solar education and training classes
- Build, qualify and maintain trusted relationships with thought leaders, local community groups, schools, business leaders, municipalities, and non-profits
- Perform all aspects of the sales process including lead generation and qualification, preliminary site evaluation, financing, pro-forma generation, contracting, and customer management
- Work with Estimating, Engineering, and Finance teams to develop competitive well-crafted proposals
- Contribute to solar advocacy efforts to educate the public, regulators and lawmakers about smart solar policy
- 5+ years of commercial and industrial solar sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong knowledge of solar technology, market trends, and Illinois and federal incentive programs
- Good balance of sales and technical skills with an understanding of when and how to use them to negotiate and close deals
- Opportunity network capable of being leveraged
- Entrepreneurial, highly organized, goal oriented, and data driven
- Strong background in relationship building and business development
- Deep knowledge of solar finance and creative approaches to closing deals
- Efficient with Excel, Word, email, Helioscope, Energy Toolbase, and customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Excellent teamwork skills – ability to foster a positive team environment
- Efficient, clear and consistent communication
- Agile, flexible and efficient
- High performance, both in quality and pace
- Proactive mindset – seek new opportunity and creative strategies
- Clean driving record
StraightUp Solar Culture:
StraightUp Solar is a values-based B-Corp company committed to a cleaner, safer, and more secure energy future – one solar panel at a time. We provide a supportive team environment which allows everyone the opportunity to collaborate on ideas to improve the company. StraightUp Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, women, persons of color, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply. StraightUp Solar has 6 core values (CLEARE) that guide the company and team members.
- Community First
- Lead the Solar Tribe
- Educate the Solar Lesson
- Advocate Always
- Respect Each Other and the Environment
- Excellence In All We Do
Pay Structure: Semi-monthly and commissions
Salary Range: $50,000-$100,000
Please send resume and cover letter to Jobs@straightupsolar.com.