Solarize Your Community with a Group Buy
Looking for the Group Buy Already in your area?
Define Your Solarize Group
Any size community can create their own “solarize” group buy to share the benefits of solar. Define your group based on geography, organization, or employer.
Plan Your Solar Group Buy
Find Your Community Partners - Use the power of your networks to find promotional partners and host locations for education sessions.
Pick Your Solar Partner
A local solar installation company can provide the design, installation, and even educational services for your solar group buy. Develop selection criteria, including quality of installed work, potential discounts, time in business, community involvement, and NABCEP certification.
Host Solar Education Sessions
Provide a brief but helpful overview on how solar works and the details of the group buy for participants who want to learn about the program. Pictured here: Solar Urbana-Champaign group buy participants attend a solar education session.
Solarize Your Community
Celebrate as the homes and businesses of your community fill with solar power systems, providing clean energy and low electric bills for decades to come.
A group buy is a group of individuals, often tied together by some common affiliation, teaming up to help each other go solar. A group can be formed by a local municipality, club, employer, etc.
The group accesses community presentations to learn about the nuts and bolts of solar electricity, finds the best installer, and then pools their purchasing power. The end result? Meaningful lower pricing, less individual hassles, and the highest-quality installations.
Sometimes organizing a ‘group buy’ within a community comes about organically. In other instances, StraightUp Solar proactively introduces the idea.
Either way we then provide the tools for the entity to organize their group buy program, and then we launch it with them. We have specialized expertise to help any organization pave the way for their own group buy solar program.
A solar Group Buy is a great way for a(n):
Solar electricity (or photovoltaics, PV) lowers an individual’s electricity bill, is a home investment that’s guaranteed for 25 years, and creates the peace of mind of energy independence while staying connected to the utility.
The substantial community benefit can also be a compelling draw for individuals. A group buy encourages others, allows the group to spread the savings, and multiplies their environmental impact while supporting the local economy.
The appeal of solar group buying is universal. That’s why cities, counties, nonprofits, large schools, and major employers are using the group buying model with great success nationwide.
100KW of Solar PV (~13 homes) yields:
- = $300K+ to the Local Economy | 800 Hrs Construction Jobs
- Annual reduction of 47,000 gallons of water used and the carbon dioxide equivalent to 91 metric tons
- To start, one of our experienced group project developers will have an introductory conversation with you. This can be done by phone with you or in a meeting with an exploratory committee or organizational leadership.
- The project developer will first help you spell out exactly what you might have in mind, and then identify some specific goals and objectives. This simple step creates the very foundation for your program.
- From here there are several paths you can follow take to get your program successfully designed and up and running. We’ll help you figure out what’s best for your group.
Group Buys can also Raise Funds to Benefit your Organization or Cause
Your group buy can also be used as a fundraiser or donation towards a solar installation. Ask the project developer about this when you talk. Link to community fundraising page
Why Choose StraightUp Solar for Group Buying Solar?
StraightUp Solar has been competitively awarded more municipal group buy contracts than any other installer in the region. We have the customer service experience to provide each property owner individualized attention, while efficiently managing a high concentration of residential and commercial projects at the same time.
In addition we also carry significant experience in solar:
- Over 1,000 solar energy systems installed under the same ownership in the same region for over a decade
- Ongoing re-evaluation of our design and build practices, the latest equipment, and process improvements
- Up-front and transparent Cost-Benefit Analyses
- StraightUp Solar’s own 10 year workmanship and production warranties, in addition to panel manufacturer’s’ 25 year production guarantee
- Library of StraightUp Solar presentations to address any audience
- Marketing support
Review Our Group Buy Case Studies
StraightUp Solar is a fully insured, licensed, & Illinois state-certified, turnkey solar EPC firm staffed by our own in-house licensed electrician and NABCEP-certified professionals to provide the highest quality residential, commercial and community solar energy systems.